Monday, July 14, 2008

The Beginning

The beginning is starting to get a little hazy, to be honest. I'm sorry I haven't been able to get on a computer, but I've been sick because my body hasn't been used to the altitude. That, and there are very few people who brought laptops. Too lazy to go to the internet cafe across the street. Usually, it's already night time and it's too cold to go out. I found myself wishing I brought my computer. Oh well.

It was a bit surreal to me when I walked out of my house to go to the airport. I feel as though I hadn't waited enough for this trip. All that anticipation, yet, it still managed to sneak up on me. I remember sitting at the airport, feeling slightly out of place. Everyone seemed to know someone. Yet, that changed pretty quickly. The airports were tiring, but a lot of fun. Cool batch of people. Long ass uno games. Honestly, I felt as though I was living a moment that wasn't part of my life at all. It seemed so surreal. What? Airport in Miami? What? Random people that I didn't really know until 3 hours ago? What? Crappy ass airport? WHAT? Au bon pain won't let us buy water after we trashed talked their place in comparison to Panera while passing by? Haa. We were pretty much achy and dead when we got to Lima. Deader when we got to Cusco.

Sumra [my roomie] and I ended up passing out after we unpacked. We realized we should have gone shopping together for all the essentials and stuff. We bought the exact same things! We could have saved at least a hundred bucks. Lucky for her, that was the end of her feeling bad. I have been seriously racked with headache since I got here in Cusco. I feel like I have all this pressure in my head. If you've ever had an intense hangover, that's pretty much how it is. I was slipping in and out of dizziness. Ugh. I've been given medicine since.

I'm sorry this is a boring and crappy entry. I'm pretty tired. Today, I had gotten up at 7 AM, ate breakfast, took a placement test, had a class, ate lunch, went to a bookstore, went home, looked at the orphanage and the hospital that we'll volunteer in, took a shower, then went out for a night in the city. I promise that I'll write more later. And not just recorded facts. This entry pretty much BLOWS. I haven't described how I've felt about anything. Just know that the mountains are gorgeous, I love the people I've been with, and that I'm getting a whole new perspective on some things.

I'll write a better entry later. This is just for me to remember.

Ciao for now.

P.S. I feel much better.

No comments: